Teriyaki Pineapple Burger
- 4 Original Veggie Patties
- 1 (20.0-ounce) can pineapple rings juice reserved
- Sauce (option to use store bought teriyaki or sauce below)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 whole wheat hamburger or gluten free buns toasted
- Green or red leaf lettuce
- Sauce: Put ¾ cup of the reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil into a small bowl and whisk together to make a marinade. In a second small bowl, stir together ¼ cup water and cornstarch then whisk into marinade and boil until thickened, about 1 minute more; set aside.
- Pour half of the marinade over pineapple.
- Grill pineapple over medium-high heat until hot.
- Transfer to buns, top with lettuce, tomato and top with remaining teriyaki sauce.