Sweet Potato & Mighty Mushroom Open Face Sammies
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 10 bites
- 1 box of Mighty Mushroom Bites
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into round slices
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (divided)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage (optional)
- 2 avocados, pitted and mashed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of chili flakes
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon roasted sesame oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (230 C). Add the round slices of sweet potato to a mixing bowl then drizzle half of the olive oil over top, give a toss. Then add the remaining spices and toss again until the slices are evenly coated.
- Place the coated sweet potato slices on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Increase the temperature of the oven to 425 and flip the slices over then bake for an additional 10 minutes until the slices are lightly browned and have a crispy edge.
- Heat up the Mighty Mushroom Bites as per instructions on the box
- Saute the diced tomatoes in a lightly oiled non-stick pan for 3-5 minutes and set aside.
- Heat up the rest of the olive oil in a small non-stick pan and fry the sage leaves for 3-5 seconds just until they are crispy. Place them on the side and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Prepare the guacamole by adding the mashed avocado to a small bowl with the spices, sesame oil, and the sauteed tomatoes then give it a good mix.
- To assemble spread a layer of guacamole on each sweet potato slice then add a slice of tomato then one Mighty Mushroom Bite, and finally top it off with a sage leaf.