Savoury Superfood Brekkie Link Muffins
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5.5 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1½ cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Brekkie Link Sausages, cooked & roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olives, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (230 C). Prepare the chia eggs by mixing the chia seeds and the water in a small bowl then letting it sit for 5-10 minutes until it thickens and forms a gel-like consistency. During this time prepare the Brekkie Link Sausages as per the instructions on the box.
- Add all of the liquid ingredients to a medium sized bowl or liquid measuring cup then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Fold in the Brekkie Link Sausages, sun dried tomatoes, and olives.
- Prepare the muffin tin by either coating the wells with some coconut oil or using muffin liners; then fill each well evenly. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove the muffins from the tin and let cool for an additional 5 minutes.