Mushroom Thai Curry
- 4 servings of basmati rice
- 1 pack of Mighty Mushroom Bites
- 1 cup of shitake mushrooms
- 400g can of light coconut milk
- 1 organic vegetable cube
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 200 g mangetout
- ½ a bunch fresh Thai basil
- 2 limes
- Green thai curry paste
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 4 green Bird's eye chillies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- tablespoons of vegan fish sauce
- To make the curry paste, peel, roughly chop and place the garlic, shallots and ginger into a food processor. Trim the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaves, then finely chop and add to the processor. Trim and add the chillies along with the cumin and half the coriander (stalks and all). Blitz until finely chopped, add the vegan fish sauce and blitz again.
- Dice the mushrooms and fry in lightly oiled pan for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Thai green paste for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the coconut milk and 200ml of boiling water, crumble in the stock cube and add the lime leaves. Turn the heat up and bring gently to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, or until reduced slightly, adding the mangetout for the final 2 minutes
- Pan fry the Mushroom Bites in a separate pan.
- Season carefully to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pick, roughly chop and stir through the basil leaves and remaining coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges, Mighty Mushroom Bites and steamed rice.