Broccoli Crumble Shepherds Pie
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package of Broccoli Crumble
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen mixed veggies: peas, carrots, green beans, and corn
- 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes, partially peeled
- 3-4 Tbsp vegan butter
- Salt and pepper
- Slice large potatoes in half, place in a large pot and fill with water until they’re just covered. Bring to a low boil on medium high heat, then generously salt, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes or until they slide off a knife very easily. Once cooked, drain, and transfer to a mixing bowl. Use a masher to mash until smooth. Add desired amount of vegan butter, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Loosely cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C) and lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions, broccoli crumble, thyme and garlic in 2 Tbsp olive oil and vegetable stock until lightly browned and caramelized. Add the frozen veggies, stir, and cover to meld the flavors together for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Transfer to the baking dish and top with mashed potatoes. Smooth down with a spoon or fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the mashers are lightly browned on top.
- Let cool briefly before serving. The longer it sits, the more it will thicken. Let cool completely before covering, and then store in the fridge for up to a few days. Reheats well in the microwave.