- 2 tbsp olive oil/grape seed oil
- 2 hot green chilies, seeded & minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced green peppers
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup cooked corn pieces
- ½ cup onions
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 3 cups cooked kidney beans/pinto/black beans (undrained)
- 2 cups crumbled veggie patties
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tablespoons dried oregano
- ½ tablespoons dried basil
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tps brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup of water
- Heat the oil in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add the mined green chili and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and lightly sauté.
- Add green peppers and celery. Sauté, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes of until veggies soften.
- Add corn and the chopped tomato. Cook, stir occasionally for another 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the chili is to thick, add some
- reserved bean, liquid and water if necessary. Serve Hot.
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 2.6
- Sugar: 6.0
- Sodium: 37
- Fiber: 14.9
- Protein: 19.6